Today is International Overdose Awareness Day. As we take the time to remember friends and community members we’ve lost, we can also show solidarity by showing up for those affected by and fighting the opioid epidemic.
- Saturday 9/1: Hike Against Heroin on Forbidden Drive : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/international-overdose-awareness-day-hike-against-heroin-tickets-48397960603
- Check out https://www.overdoseday.com/ for information about IOAD and to find an event near you
Get up to date with what’s been going on in Philly’s overdose prevention and advocacy scene:
- Billy Penn: Philly’s Overdose Crisis Isn’t Getting Better So Activists Shut Down Traffic at City Hall
- Philly.com: Deputy AG Rosenstein vows to fight safe-injection site in Philadelphia; experts say city could prevail
- Philly.com: Activists March Through Kensington on International Overdose Awareness Day
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Where Is Philly’s Overdose Prevention Site?