Health Federation of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a C Change HCV Navigator position. This is a great opportunity provide on-site HCV services at Centers of Excellence across the city.
See below for the job summary and specifications.
View the full job posting (including more information on salary, benefits and how to apply)
C Change Navigators support the integration of HCV services at SUD treatment programs, including referral protocol, HCV testing, patient navigation to care and retention in care activities. They are responsible for data collection as required by the research component of C Change, and for providing extensive support for patients as they move through the HCV care continuum.
- Consent and enroll eligible clients in the C Change program. Conduct baseline and follow up questionnaires and chart review by entering data into REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) surveys via tablet.
- Assess biopsychosocial needs, identify barriers to successful linkage, and connect clients to social services as appropriate.
- Provide clients with basic HCV treatment education including understanding labs, disease progression, and treatment.
- Provide ongoing counseling to address prevention and harm reduction strategies.
- Help patients schedule and travel to medical visits and troubleshoot barriers to successful linkage to and retention in care.
- Negotiate insurance issues related to HCV treatment access (applications, claims, and reviews)
- Engage in adherence and retention in care efforts for patients living with HCV which include: conducting extensive community outreach efforts to locate lost to care patients; developing client specific strategies to address challenges to care and treatment; maintaining detailed records of all adherence and retention activities.
- Track efforts to move patients through the HCV care cascade in the navigation/ linkage to care database through communication and coordination with medical providers, regular chart review and ongoing client contact.
- Work with study Principal Investigator, C Change Program Manager and SUD treatment program administrative and front line staff to develop and operationalize referral, HCV testing and linkage to care protocols at community sites.
- When indicated, conduct rapid HCV screening and phlebotomy for individuals with reactive antibody tests and follow protocol for specimen collection/drop off and inform clients of test results.
- Attend regular supervisions, case conferences and project meetings as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Health, Public Administration, or similar field from an accredited college or university preferred. Relevant years of experience can be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Must have at least two years of experience in one or both of the following areas:
- Working with individuals with opioid use disorder
- Performing community outreach, preferably about health or social services programs.
- Knowledge of harm reduction, stages of change, and motivational interviewing.
- Working knowledge of Hepatitis C, including transmission, prevention strategies, laboratory and treatment information.
- Extensive experience engaging with community members, including public speaking, training, and/or individual and small group engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office suite, familiar with tablet-based data entry, and have the ability to manage extensive data collection.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and support project timeline with a high degree of organizational skill.
- Able to work effectively and professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work and engage with the uninsured, under-served and under-represented populations.
- Spanish language fluency preferred.